DEPED ORDER 21 s 2022 – Brimestone Academy Inc.
Minister, Basic, Higher and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (Dep Ed) recognizes the high value of awards and recognition and their profound effect on learners’ morale, motivation, and self-efficacy, particularly in these extraordinary and challenging times of public health emergency. In view of this, the Department extends the effectivity of DepEd Order No. 018, s. 2021 to School Year 2021- 2022 but provides recognition of learners in Grades 1 to 5, Grades 7 to 9, and Grade 11 for Academic Excellence Awards and Performance Awards for Kindergarten.
- Paragraphs 13 and 14 of the enclosed guidelines of DO 018, s. 2021 (Interim Guidelines on Giving of Awards and Recognition in Light of the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan for School Year 2020-2021) shall be am ended as follows:
Academic Excellence Awards and Performance Awards for Kindergarten shall be given at the end of the School Year 2021-2022. Recipients of Academic Awards are learners from Grade 1 to Grade 12 who have attained a general weighted average of at least 90 with no failing final grade in any learning area, as stipulated in DO 36, s. 2016, (Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program while Performance Awards shall be granted to learners in Kindergarten to recognize their most evident and most prominent abilities. However, Classroom Awards (Conduct Awards, Recognition for Perfect Attendance); Grade Level Awards (Leadership Award, Award for Outstanding Performance in Specific Disciplines, Award for Work Immersion, Award for Research or Innovation, Award for Club or Organization Achievement); and Special Recognition shall remain suspended.
- This Order shall be implemented in all public and private elementary and secondary schools nationwide for SY 20 21- 2022. While DO 36, s. 2016 and DO 018, s. 2021 are still in effect, provisions inconsistent with the aforementioned amendment are suspended for this school year.
- This Order shall take effect upon its approval. Certified copies shall also be published in the Official Gazette and filed with the University of the Philippines Law Center-Office of the National Administrative Register (UPLC-ONAR}, UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- For more information, please contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at email@example.com or at telephone numbers (02) 8637 -4346 and (02) 8537. 4347.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DO_s2022_021.pdf (deped.gov.ph))