DepEd Order 41 s 2022 AMENDMENT TO DEPED ORDER NO. 088, S. 2010 (2010 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools in Basic Education) – Brimestone Academy Inc.
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the Amendment to DepEd Order (DO) No. 088, s. 2010, as amended by DepEd Order No. 11, s. 2011, titled 2011 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools in Basic Education.
- Section 160 of DepEd Order No. 088, s. 2010 is amended as follows:
SECTION 160. Ownership. – Each private school shall own its site, as evidenced by a valid Certificate of Title. If the private school cannot present its title ownership over the school site, such private school should ensure reasonable and adequate bases for continued use of the site through:
- A duly executed deed of sale; or
- A duly executed deed of donation; or
- A duly executed deed of usufruct for a guaranteed period of not less than 15 years; or
- A duly executed lease with an initial guaranteed period of not less than 15 years.
A period of one year shall be allowed, reckoned from the submission of the deed or contract, for the submission of a certified true copy of the title which reflects the annotation of the deed or contract.
The presentation of spurious titles and contracts by the school shall cause the automatic denial of their application and/or the revocation of their permit. No reason, excuse, or requests for reconsideration shall be entertained or accepted.
- Section 189 of DepEd Order No. 088, s. 2010 is amended as follows:
SECTION 189. Sanctions Against Private Schools. – The following are the sanctions that may be imposed against private schools for any violation of the rules and regulations of the Department:
- Suspension of the school’s participation in Education Service Contracting (ESC) and Education Voucher System (EVS) programs;
- Non-issuance of a favorable recommendation for tax exemptions;
- Disqualification from any financial grant or subsidy of the Department;
- Suspension of the permit or recognition to operate the school; and
- Revocation of the permit or recognition to operate the school.
Application of sanctions and penalties for violations of the rules and regulations of the Department shall be consistent with the gravity of the offense or violation committed by the school, provided that any misrepresentation as to any of the documentary requirements herein, particularly thos provided in Section 160 hereof, shall merit the sanction of revocation of the permit or recognition to operate the school.
The school may appeal the application of any sanction imposed by a Regional Director to the Secretary within fifteen (15) days from receipt of notice of such sanction.
- All other provisions stated in the 2011 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools in Basic Education shall remain effective, unless otherwise amended by other DepEd issuances.
- This DepEd Order is approved and shall take effect upon its publication in DepEd website: www.deped.gov.ph.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order are directed.
(Source: DepEd Order 41 s 2022, click here)
DepEd Order 41 s 2022DO_s2022_041
Download DepEd Order 41 s 2022 AMENDMENT TO DEPED ORDER NO. 088, S. 2010 (2010 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools in Basic Education), click here.