NEW GUIDELINES ON THE CANCELLATION OR SUSPENSION OF CLASSES AND WORK IN SCHOOLS IN THE EVENT OF DISASTERS AND OTHER NATURAL CALAMITIES (DepEd Order 37 s 2022)
Minister, Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- This policy promotes the safety and protection of learners and personnel from unnecessary physical dangers that they may be exposed to during natural disasters and calamities. This is to ensure that their constitutional rights to life, health, safety, and property are always protected.
- To minimize the health and safety risks brought about by disasters and other natural calamities, the Department recognizes that the suspension of classes and work during emergencies remain to be necessary in upholding the physical and mental well-being of learners and school personnel.
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Cancellation or Suspension of Classes and Work in Schools in the Event of Disasters and Other Natural Calamities to further guide schools, its personnel, and learners, both within the public and private institutions.
- This Order shall take effect immediately after its publication in the DepEd website as well as its filing with the Office of the National Administrative Registrar (ONAR) at the University of the Philippines (UP) Law Center, UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- For more information, please contact the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service, 2nd Floor, Mabini Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at telefax number (02) 8637-4933.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
See: GUIDELINES ON THE SUSPENSION OF CLASSES IN THE EVENT OF DISASTERS AND OTHER NATURAL CALAMITIES
(Source: DepEd Order 37 s 2022, click here)
DepEd Order 37 s 2022 EnclosureDO_s2022_037-1-3-7
Download DepEd Order 37 s. 2022 Enclosure, click here.