DepEd Order 8 s 2015 Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program
Directors of Services, Centers, and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of the Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013 (Republic Act No. 10533), the Department of Education is adopting the enclosed Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- Classroom Assessment is an integral part of curriculum implementation. It allows the teachers to track and measure learners’ progress and to adjust instruction accordingly. Classroom assessment informs the learners, as well as their parents and guardians, of their progress.
- Effective School Year (SY) 2015-2016, the Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for the K to 12 Basic Education Program shall be implemented in public elementary and secondary schools nationwide.
- Non-DepEd schools are urged to implement these policy guidelines as well. Non-DepEd schools are permitted to modify these policy guidelines according to their school’s Philosophy, Vision, and Mission with the approval of the appropriate DepEd Regional Office.
- Special programs may further issue supplementary guidelines in relation to the program’s specific assessment concerns.
- These guidelines will remain in force and in effect for the duration of the program, unless sooner repealed, amended, or rescinded. All existing Orders and Memoranda that are inconsistent with this Order are rescinded.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Source: DepEd Order 8 s 2015, click here)
Also Interested: Kid Story Telling | Benefits in Learning English Language
DepEd Order 8 s 2015 Policy Guidelines on Classroom AssessmentDO_s2015_08-3-35
Download DepEd Order 8 s. 2015, click here.
Read: DepEd strictly prohibited extra curricular activities for SY 2022-2023