Oplan Balik Eskwela 2022 (DepEd Memo 63 s 2022) – Brimestone Academy Inc.
Minister, Basic, Higher, and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) will launch the National Oplan Balik Eskwela (OBE) for School Year (SY) 2022-2023 on August 15, 2022 at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office (CO), Pasig City. The OBE, which is DepEd annual initiative to engage agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders in preparation for the opening of the SY, shall run from August 15 to 26, 2022.
- The OBEis part of the Department’s effort to ensure that learners from public and private schools are properly enrolled. It aims to address problems, queries, and other concerns commonly encountered by the public at the start of the SY. The theme of the OBE 2022 is Kapit-Bisig Para sa MasLigtas na Balik-Aral.
- The OBE 2022 has the following components:
a. Convergence. Members of the QBE Inter-Agency Task Force shall focus on their respective preparations and initiatives for the gradual transition of schools to five days in-person classes in relation to DepEd Order (DO) No. 034, s. 2022 titled School Calendar and Activities for School Year 2022-2023. The member agencies will perform a critical role by providing guidelines on health and safety, peace and order, and transportation, among others when the school year opens. These agencies include:
- Department of Energy (DOE);
- Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG);
- Department of Health (DOH);
- Department of National Defense (DND);
- Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH);
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Department of Trade and Industry (DTI);
- Department of Transportation (DOTr);
- Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
- Manila Electric Company (MERALCO);
- Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS);
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA);
- Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA);
- Philippine National Police (PNP);
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC);
- National Telecommunications Commission (NTC);
- Office of the Press Secretary (OPS)
b. Command Conference. A Command Conference among the DepEd officials, partner agencies from the public and private sectors, media, and other stakeholders will beheld at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd CO on August 15, 2022 Monday.
c. National School Opening Day Program (NSODP). DepEd shall conduct a national program on August 22, 2022 to feature school opening activities and OBE initiatives. Field offices and schools may tune in to the live broadcast of the program via official livestream of the Department.
d. Communication. DepEd shall provide the public with important information through press releases, media interviews, website postings, updates on the official DepEd Facebook and Twitter accounts, and other available media.
e. Client Assistance. An OBE Public Assistance Command Center (PACC) shall be set up at the central, regional, and schools division offices through its Public Affairs Unit (PAU).
i. Functions of the OBE-PACC
The OBE-PACC shall serve as an information and complaints processing and routing mechanism. It shall perform the following functions:
- (1) Receive, process, and respond to simple queries, information requests, and complaints from the general public, including those forwarded by other DepEd offices;
- (2) Assist in the dissemination and clarification of DepEd policies, programs, projects, and processes, particularly those relevant to the opening of classes;
- (3) Correctly identify and coordinate with the concerned DepEd offices on complex concerns that will require the specific offices’ appropriate action; and
- (4) Monitor, document, and submit reports on all issues and concerns received by the OBE-PACC, including the action taken.
ii. Services of the OBE-PACC
Each OBE-PACC shall ensure that the following are available to the public for the duration of OBE:
- (1) Hotlines;
- (2) Emails (Hotline 8888, CSC, PCC, PMS, FOi, ARTA, depedaction);
- (3) Text Messaging Service (Smart and Globe);
- (4) Social Media (Facebook); and
- (5) Letters and Endorsements.
iii. Composition of OBE-PACC at the Central Office
The OBE implementation shall be under the general supervision of the Undersecretary and Chief of Staff Epimaco V. Densing III and Undersecretary for Governance and Field Operations Revsee A. Escobedo as co-chairs and the Director of Public Affairs Service Michael Wesley T. Poa as vice-chair of the OBE 2022. This will be in coordination with all offices in the Central Office.
iv. Composition of OBE-PACC at the regions, divisions, and school levels
- (1) Regional Office
- Chair: Regional Director
- Co-Chair: Assistant Regional Director
- Vice Chair: Regional Information Officer/ Regional Public Assistance Coordinator, Public Affairs Unit
- Members: Regional Legal Office, Regional Administrative Office, Curriculum Division, *(Other relevant offices may be included)
- (2) Schools Division Office
- Chair: Schools Division Superintendent
- Co-Chair: Assistant Schools Division Superintendent
- Vice Chair: Designated Division Public Assistance Coordinator
- Members : Regional Legal Office, Regional Administrative Office, Curriculum Division, *(Other relevant offices may be included)
- (3) School-level
- Chair: Principal or Assistant Principal or Head Teacher
- Vice-Chair: School Information Coordinator/Designated School Public Assistance Coordinator
- Member: School Admin and other staff
- Members of the OBE shall ensure the implementation of necessary health and safety protocols in the conduct of all OBE 2022 activities. In keeping with this, the Department shall require the use of face masks at all times, alongside handwashing and other hygienic practices, as safety directives for all public and private schools nationwide. Proper advocacy and information dissemination will be pushed forward to equip schools with information on how to manage certain situations involving Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other infectious diseases based on, but not limited to, the most recent safety and health protocols issued by DepEd, particularly those stated under Item No. VI and other relevant provisions of DO 034, s. 2022. The implementation of OBE 2022 shall proceed as scheduled, in accordance with these guidelines, unless otherwise declared by DepEd.
- The Terms of Reference for the different Committees are enclosed.
- All expenses incurred during this activity and the payment for the services of the concerned personnel during the OBE shall be charged to the General Administrative Support Services (GASS) Funds and local funds for regional and schools division personnel, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- All DepEd personnel are enjoined to support this activity to ensure the smooth opening of classes.
- For more information, please contact:
The Office of the Secretary-Public Affairs Service
Department of Education Central Office DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone Numbers: (02) 8636-1663; (02) 8633-1942
Mobile Phone Numbers: 0919-456-0027; 0995-921-8461
Email Addresses: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
(Source: DepEd Memorandum 63 s 2022 | Oplan Balik Eskwela 2022, click here)
Download Enclosed DepEd Memo 63 s 2022 | Oplan Balik Eskwela 2022, click here.