2023 METROBANK FOUNDATION OUTSTANDING FILIPINOS – Brimestone Academy Inc
Bureau and Service Directors
School Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos (OF) Award annually recognizes 10 Filipino exemplars- four teachers, three soldiers, and three police officers- who have gone over and beyond the call of duty to serve their profession and their community.The 10 awardees shall receive a medal, a trophy, and a cash incentive of One Million Pesos (P l,000,000) each, net of tax. National finalists will receive. Fifty Thousand Pesos (P50,000)
- Th e Award is open to public or private school teachers in the elementary (including kindergarten level provided it is part of the integrated curriculum or part of an elementary school system) a n d secondary levels including alternative learning system mobile teachers.To ensure that all schools divisions offices (SDOs) are well-represented in the search, all Department of Education (DepEd) schools division offices are required to submit to the OF Search Secretariat a minimum of three nominees (one elementary, one secondary and one ALS), comprised of either private or public-school teachers. Each DepEd SDO shall fill out the on-line form through https://bit.ly/2023DivisionEndorsements for their official endorsements prior to the submission of the nominees’ documents.Though the SDOs are required to choose their nominees, each school may also submit one nominee per level-one for elementary (Kindergarten to Grade 6 and one for secondary (Grades 7-12). In cases where one school has two nominees, one endorsed by the school. division and another chosen by the school head (SH), the schools division’s chosen nominee shall be submitted to the OF Secretariat.
- The eligibility requirements for teachers are as follows:
a. Nominees must have been actively teaching in the Philippines for the last 10 years with full-time and permanent appointment and with full teaching load.
b . Those holding administrative positions (except school administrators, SHs, district and divis io n supervisors, regional directors, campus director s, executive directors, presidents, vice presidents, and chancellors of schools) may join provided they are assigned a minimum of six hours/weekteaching load for the last 10 years, including the school year they are joining in.
c. Nominees for both the elementary and secondary categories must have at least completed academic requirements for a master’s degree. The academic requirements for the master’s degree must have been taken within five years from the time of nomination.
d. Nominees must have attained performance ratings of at least Very Satisfactory or its equivalent for the past 10 years of teaching. For those who have been on official/ study leave or on secondment, performance ratings for 10 years closest to the period of nomination should be provided.
e. Nominees must not have been on leave for more than two years immediately prior to nomination and must still have at least three years of remaining service before retirement.
f. Nominees must not be adjudged guilty in any administrative, civil, or criminal case.
g. Nominees must have valid/renewed Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID Card in the elementary and secondary categories.
- All winners of teaching-related local awards in the division, regional, or national level are strongly encouraged to join, provided that the eligibility requirements are met.All past regional and national finalists under the Metrobank Foundation Search for Outstanding Teachers (SOT) may still join, provided they meet the eligibility requirements of the Award.Those who have been finalists two times and/or those who have been semi-finalists three times under the Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos-Award for Teachers (from 2017 onwards) cannot join anymore.School administrators, SHs, and campus directors are the primary nominators. For DepEd schools without principals, the Teacher-in-Charge (TIC) or Officer-in-Charge (OIC) can nominate. If the nominee is the TIC or OIC himself/herself, the schools division superintendent (SDS) shall endorse the nomination. Self-nominations shall not be accepted nor considered. Each nominator may nominate only one nominee. In cases where multi level/integrated schools have one entrant per level, each of them should have a different nominator.
- Aside from the abovementioned nominators, the following may also nominate and endorse a nominee (check Part VI of the nomination form for the guide):
- Government officials/leaders,Journalists/Members of the media,Business leaders,Leaders of the church and civil society organizations,Leaders of nongovernment organizations related to education,Awardees of the Metrobank Foundation Outstanding Filipinos (formerly Search for Outstanding Teachers),District/division/ regional supervisors,Chiefs at the division and regional levels,Schools Division Superintendents,Regional Directors,Parents Teachers and Community Association (PTCA) Presidents, andStudent Council Presidents.
- Below are the links to the forms and guidelines for the nominees:
a. Step- by-S tep Guide on How to Join the Search – https://bit.ly/Steps2023OutstandingFilipinos
b. Nomination Form for 2023 Nominees (Submit by December 30, 2022) – http://bit.ly/0FAward2023
c. General Guidelines about the Award (FAQs) – http://bit.ly/OFAwardFAQs2023
d. Affidavit of Undertaking – http://bit.ly/2023AffidavitUndertaking
e. Guidelines in Preparing the Supporting Documents – http://bit.ly/OFDocs2023
- All entries submitted after the deadline, December 30, 2022, unless such deadline is extended, shall be considered for the next year of nomination.For more information, please contact Ms. Kristal Todcor, Program Officer, Excellence Awards Unit, Metrobank Foundation, 10th Floor Annex, Metrobank Plaza, Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City through email at MBFOutstandingFilipinos@mbfoundation.org.ph or at telephone number (02) 8898-8757 and mobile phone number 0919-062-8128.Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
(Source: DepEd Memo 49 s 2022, click here.)